Smokey BBQ Brisket
This is a great recipe to feed a crowd that has endless possibilities for leftover meals. Tender, juicy and bursting with smoky flavor you will love this brisket.
6 oz. Smokey BBQ Ketchup
1 teaspoons garlic salt
1 ½teaspoons onion powder
½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
4-5 lb. brisket, fat trimmed
1. Preheat oven to 375F and fill a covered pan or Dutch oven with 1 inch of water.
2. In a medium bowl mix ketchup with garlic salt, onion powder and pepper. Put brisket in bowl with all the sauces and rub on top and underneath till evenly coated.
3. Lay brisket in the pan and pour over any remaining ketchup sauce.
4. Cover with a lid and bake 1 hour per lb. until tender when tested with a fork (about 4 hours). When ready it will pull apart so easily you could do it with a butter knife or plastic spoon. It gets that tender.
5. Allow to cool then shred beef. Discard any residual fatty bits.
6. Place shredded beef in a large bowl then take sauce and freeze for about 15 minutes.
7. Remove top layer of fat, reduce sauce by half and pour over shredded brisket.
8. Serve warm.